It’s been 5 months since I last posted so I thought I’d better catch up before the end of the year! Here’s what’s been going on with us…
- We announced to friends & family that we’d be parents in 2017! Our little one is due at the end of January/beginning of February.
- We traveled to Illinois to celebrate my grandma’s 90th birthday.
- I attended Nicole’s bachelorette party where we did yoga and went to the dance mile. Ryan went to Brian’s bachelor party and had a blast.
- I turned 27.
- We heard the baby’s heartbeat for the first time.
- We traveled to Illinois to cheer as Elecia + Austin tied the knot.
- Ryan’s dad, Steve, came to visit – as did our friends Cory + Matt.
- We traveled to Indiana to visit Ryan’s family, enjoy the Little Italy Festival, and watch Brandon + Sarah renew their vows.
- We celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary on the same day our friends, Nicole + Brian, got married. We were both in the wedding too.
- We had an ultrasound and found out that Baby Carty is a boy!
- My friend and roommate from college, Katie, came to visit – it was her first time to the Twin Cities so we had a lot of fun exploring and eating.
- We toured what felt like a zillion daycares.
- We met with and hired a doula for support during delivery.
- We attended a cloth diapering 101 class.
- We had a wonderful time celebrating at our baby shower. The love, support, and excitement was incredible.
- We spent Thanksgiving back in Illinois with friends & family.
- We paid off our last car loan and are now totally debt-free!
- I started a 6-week recruiter training course/bootcamp.
- We attended childbirth/childcare classes.
- The rest of the month we plan to spend spent working, prepping for baby, and enjoying the holidays with friends + family.