Time for one of my favorite link-ups!
Thanks as always to Lauren, over at The Little Things We Do, for hosting!
1. Over this Labor Day weekend I will be getting some FroYo, swimming if this heat keeps up, watching movies, relaxing, cleaning and organizing the apartment, and spending all weekend with the Mr. – we’ve been missing out some much needed “us” time – being on opposite work schedules can be frustrating. We have no major set-in-stone plans though, so this weekend is wide open for adventure!!
2. With the political debates going on right now, my thoughts are 1) if we’re a nation all about freedom why does it seem that some of the future proposals will actually limit or take away so many of our choices? 2) I want to hear about the issues and what the candidates believe, not the usual party line. 3) I am very afraid we’re headed “back in time” in regard to healthcare, women’s rights, gay rights, etc. It’s just downright scary.
3. Today I was prepped at work for my new responsibilities once I go full time next week. I was excited and nervous to find out I’d be doing much more than I thought and branching out into yet another sector of the business. But I welcome the variety and the chance to be more involved + learn new skills at the same time!
4. The best thing I’ve cooked recently was baked potatoes. Simply but delicious. And you know I love me some sour cream ‘n buttah! Mmm mmm!
5. The last thing I bought was some sequined headbands in black and gray.
6. The best movie I saw this summer was probably Dark Knight Rises!
7. The best book I read this summer was uhhhhh…yeah…. considering how much I love to read this is pretty bad… the only two I actually remember reading this summer: Honolulu by Alan Brennert and The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater.
Hope you all have a wonderful 3 day weekend!