Time for one of my favorite link-ups!
Thanks as always to Lauren, over at The Little Things We Do, for hosting!
1. My favorite room in my home is the living room (with kitchen coming in a close second) because it’s where the living happens, where entertaining happens, it’s the hub, really, because so much goes on there – card games with friends, late night movie marathons, christmas morning, lazy afternoons…
2. My current decor style is definitely more modern (mixed mixed with a hint of retro/rustic/industrial/thrifted nonsense. yea, i’m all over the map!!) but I wish it were more sophisticated and put together.
3. I wish I could redecorate the **entire place! room in my house to make it more clean + cozy + “us”. as newlyweds living in a studio apartment with limited funds we haven’t even started to really decorate or turn this into something “more”. we’ll put our effort into a place once we know it’s more permanent.
4. My dream house absolutely has to have an amazing bathtub (jacuzzi tub even!), sliding barn doors, chalkboard/whiteboard wall (or part of a wall) for drawing and message writing, ample counter space in the kitchen. my favorite comfy ikea couch, amazing kitchen table lighting, oh and a washer + dryer!!
5. One house item I am willing to splurge on is eh, who knows. we’re not to that point yet. ikea furniture is working quite fine right now. i’d probably say a bed/mattress/mattress topper. we’re sleeping on a futon right now which would suck except, and you’d never know it, it’s absolute heaven thanks to our memory foam mattress topper.
6. A decor trend that I just don’t “get” is glass coffee tables. so not my style + they get dirty fast.
7. lots of pillows, cacti, and personal photos+quirky keepsakes are little touches that makes my house feel like home.
Hope you all have a great weekend!