after a twelve hour shift at work yesterday, i’d planned on sleeping in this morning. but, damn sun thwarted those grand plans. so, i’m up, writing a blog post (finally!) and enjoying a bit of tv before my next shift at 5pm. oh and a shower fits in there somewhere too of course – i’m not Pig Pen. ;)
now, onto our regular friday programming…
1. The love of my life is Mr.C.
2. Falling in love is too complex to describe. it’s biological in nature although it may feel like fairytale-movie-magic too. it’s butterflies. it’s connection. it’s growth and respect and intimacy over time.
3. Marriage is not for everyone… but! everyone has the right to love anyone they want, so, everyone should also have the right to make that commitment, legally.
4. The longest relationship I’ve ever had was this one, we’re going on 8 years and something months
5. The key to a good relationship is mutual respect, communication, commitment, compromise.
6. I feel loved when someone spends time with me & someone does something thoughtful for me, and i also appreciate when someone does something to ease the burden of responsibility that might be weighing on me. offering to help or saying “let me do that for you” is the same as “i love you” in my world. (yep, according the the 5 love languages i’m an “acts of service” person + a combo of the other languages)
7. My favorite quote about love is …don’t really have one but after googling i found this one which seemed fitting for today:
“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”–Robert A. Heinlein
Have a ood Friday + weekend everyone! xo, meg