1. I’m making BBQ pulled pork for dinner tonight per Mr.C’s request. I’m fairly certain he would eat this every day if he could!
2. Our professional wedding photos are ready and we couldn’t be happier! They look fantastic! They are currently up on an online gallery until March so if you are interested in viewing/purchasing them please email me at email@example.com and I’ll send you the link & the password!
3. The mailman saw me in my pajamas today….and yesterday…and in the same pajamas…. I’m pretty sure he thinks I’m a hermit! Ha! But I can assure you that I did indeed go to work yesterday (got my first paycheck a few days ago too – huzzah!) and that I only recycle my ‘ol jimmyjams if they are still fairly clean. Usually it’s two nights and then done, son! Into the laundry they go!
4. Since my big kid husband still believes in Santa, I knew he’d get a kick out of this little holiday treat: a personalized phone call from the man himself. The “Send A Call From Santa” website is offered by Google and allows you to have Santa Claus call your friends and family and leave them personalized messages. It’s hilarious, fast, and doesn’t cost a thing (well, except for whatever your telephone service provider’s regular fees are). Mr.C texted from work to say he loved his voice mail from Santa! It went a little like this, “Ho Ho Ho Hello, Mr.C! This is Santa Claus, I just spoke with your wife and she told me you have been a very good superhero, and that this year you would like some video games, well my first stop is your house in the big city, so don’t forget to leave me a couple strips of bacon! And be sure to go to bed early so I can bring you a surprise! But no peeking! Alright, dude, Santa has to go pack up the sleigh and feed the reindeer. Happy Holidays!” Bahahahahahaa! Awesome right?! All the words in bold are spots where you get to personalize it from a drop box. I urge you all to try this! Your friends and family will love it.
5. I love pomegranate juice but have never attempted to eat a fresh pom before. I figured some of you hadn’t either so I whipped up a quick tutorial/PSA …
Public Pomegranate Service Annoucement:
Well never fear! It’s easier than you think!
Just follow these 4 simple steps:
1. First, grab a knife, cutting board, and bowl. Use your knife to score the pomegranate (appox. 6 times).
2. Slice the top off the pomegranate. Be careful though because the juice will not hesitate to stain your clothing.
3. Push|Brush|Pick|Scoop the seeds into your bowl. Throw any piece of white pith or peel away. Go section by section until all the seeds are out!
4. Stare at your hands and wonder if you blacked out and just murdered someone! Seriously…my kitchen looks like a crime scene! Clean up mess immediately!!
pack your bags, empty piggy bank, and jet off to Mexico enjoy your delicious pomegranate seeds!
You can eat them plain, or with a little sugar, blend them up into your own juice concoction, put them on a salad or bowl of oatmeal, or use them to make jellies, jams, or dipping sauces.
They are also great in a glaze, as a garnish, or just as a quick snack!
Well, that’s all the Carty Haus has to offer in way of the truth today!
Hope your week is off to a good start!