Hey all! This post is going to be a quick one because I’ve got a lot to do today. My Mama & Gma are coming to visit tomorrow which is exciting – it’s gonna be a lot of fun, we’ve got lots to see and do, and of course delicious food to eat. Before they come, however, I really need to tidy up the apartment, make some yummy rootbeer crockpot bbq pork, and also start assembling everything we’ll need for our trip to Hawaii. I’ve got clothes to pack, tickets and an itinerary to print, verify our hotel room and the Pearl Harbor tour, make sure we’re on track with all the airline luggage rules, etc. Plus, both the Mr. & I are getting haircuts and hitting the bank Saturday morning before our vistors arrive. Eeekz! And there’s more! Good news: I finally settled on a photo for my hair inspiration – hopefully it’ll turn out okay and just how I imagined. I’ll provide that photo, along with before&after photos later this weekend. Bad news: the power cord for my computer is old and the wiring is shot and so I cannot use my laptop currently nor can I upload any photos to the blog. Lame! The new part I ordered should arrive this weekend. So cross your fingers that it arrives sooner rather than later. All right, well, that’s all I’ve got for the moment. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Off to shower and start my day. I’ll leave you with our traditional “Fill In The Blank Friday”. xo – “Me”
1. Something popular that I don’t get/can’t stand…. Ugg boots or boots of that style, especially when worn with a mini skirt. Also – leggings when worn under a too short t-shirt! Leggies are to go under you dress/skirts/shirts – not to be a replacement for pants – just sayin’
2. Something unpopular that I secretly love…. rollerblading. It’s fun and a good work out.
3. When I’ve had a bad day…. I either need a hug or to be left alone. Depends on the type of “bad”. Usually, I need to vent to someone. But sometimes you just need to cry it out, take a nap, and wake up refreshed. The world usually looks better after a nap.
4. I’d prefer rock/heavy metal/screamo music to country any day.
5. Something that makes me nervous is…. getting my most “ballsy” haircut ever on Saturday and flying on a plane for the first time ever Tuesday
6. Something worth fighting for is…. friendship – they’re just like any other relationship, give and take, you’ve got to put the work in
7. When people think of me I hope they think…. “dammmn, she’s a sexy chick” – Mr.C’s contribution. me? hopefully that I’m a good friend, a good wife, a good family member – a fun, creative, well rounded individual, “a person” they would like and choose to surround themselves with due to what I (hopefully) bring to the table and to their lives. I also hope they think I do a good job of balancing my relationship with my husband, with that of my friends and family, with that of the relationship I have with myself. In the past I strived hard to maintain my individuality even when I was in a relationship. I refused to be that girl that gave up all her friends for a guy. I believe I have accomplished that – but moving into this marriage, I will really try to maintain that standard that my friends and family expect and ultimately deserve.